"Coloring the Conservation Conversation--One Word at a Time!"

Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Meditation for Baja Arizona



As far as my mind could see across the folds and rifts of land 
Sand drifted to mountains 
or sifted away in sudden rains 
red rim rocks burnished to a bruised purple hue
I longed for a place I had never been
Wanted something unseen 
Visions from eagles' eyes 



a wandering to and fro across a cloud strewn horizon pointing the way to nowhere 
out there 




inside me 
where the wild heart beats and  yearns to soar above it all 

My soul stirred when a canyon wren called 
song tinkling like cool water down my spine 
I carried  the weight of the world with me 
and dropped it when forever flew over on a black hawk's shadow





Peace.
Drew

1 comment:

  1. Still wonderful Drew. And I still love the part about the canyon wren's call and the notes tinkling down your spine!

    ReplyDelete